Wednesday 15 April 2009

Where does everyone go for Easter Monday?

I went to view a flat earlier. Not a proper viewing, I just drove past to check out the area. I saw this flat, where you stump up 70% of the costs and then when you sell it 30% of the profits go to the company who built the flats. I had it all worked out, I'd be totally broke but I'd be able to swan around my own modern and tiny flat.

I think this crazy line of thinking has something to do with me turning 39 on Saturday. I had a great birthday, but 39 is a scary amount of years to have watched run over the hill like wild dogs. I decided I needed to buy a piece of England's green and pleasant land.

Anyway I drove round to check out my new neighbourhood. However the streets were full of scary kids staring into my car and there wasn't a tree in sight so I turned around and drove home, my mind totally changed about buying that flat the moment I conned a mortgage out of the bank.

Funny, because on Monday I walked lost around Muswell Hill and there was hardly a person in sight. I thought everyone in the whole area had gone away for Easter Monday. When I took the tube home in the evening I had a whole carriage to myself from Highgate to Camden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment