Monday 29 August 2011

Like a float in the Macy Street Parade

It's Bank Holiday Monday. Bank holidays are brilliant, especially when you don't even leave the house all day. I've had a good day pottering about, generally making things up as I go along and refusing to stress about a thing. And still it's been more productive than a day at work. If I never went to work again it wouldn't bother me one jot. Well, as long as they kept paying me. I see no reason why that should stop. Infact they should give me a pay rise as I'm not using any of their office space anymore. I'll write to the CEO or whatever the head person's called these days and see if he'll agree to these reasonable requests.

It was Reading weekend. Did any of you go? I didn't, I watched Pulp on TV and for a minute I wanted to be there, I wanted to be in the crowd, lost in the music and the performance and the night air, drunk on summer cider. It's a great feeling that, the real world does feel very far away and boy is that a good feeling. You feel that you're having this great epiphany and the world will have changed by the time you return. But then the real world comes and smothers you, you're back at work and you have to be all sensible. You certainly aren't encouraged to rant on like this. But maybe to get these thoughts you have to be 19, but I'm not, I'm 41 so I watched it on TV.

We saw Pulp in Hyde Park a few months back. Should we feel guilty about such nostalgia? No way, it was fantastic, and it was in a weekend that we managed three great nostalgia gigs, Pulp, Dinosaur Jr performing 'Bug',and the Flaming Lips performing 'The Soft Bulletin'. The Flaming Lips, now there's a performance.

I may leave the house soon in my slippers and see if the car will start. Bu then again,Tracy connected her PC to the TV so we can watch i-player and on-demand, so maybe I'll do that instead. It's Bank Holiday, we can do what we like.

No comments:

Post a Comment