Sunday 15 February 2009

My Ears

I went to a gig a few weeks ago which ranks among the worst gigs I've ever been to. I despised the audience for clapping lamely at what was just noise. The last thing we should do is encourage these people. If that's the sounds they're into I suggest a career in road digging. Anyway, the upshot was my ears haven't worked the same since. For a couple of days they hummed. That went but they still didn't feel right. Then a few days ago they seemed to have got worse and there was a humming in my left ear or right ear, or both, I couldn't tell. I woke up with it one morning. 
     
However, when I went into the front room this morning the noise stopped. Then I went back into my bedroom and there it was again. Hang on a minute I thought to myself, maybe this high pitch buzz is coming from outside of my head? I bought a new Bose speaker for my ipod last Sunday and I checked the power supply which was buzzing.  I switched it off and the buzz from my ears disappeared. Hurrah for faulty equipment!

It's funny because whenever I buy anything, or make a decision about anything, I hesitate, sometimes for far too long. I spent ages wandering lost in thought around the mac shop on Regent street, agonising about whether to buy this speaker. Eventually I did. The feeling I get when I buy something is guilt. I reasoned it out that my sister had a Bose speaker so I was allowed one too. The guilt has gone now, though the buzz remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment