Saturday 29 August 2009

Brilliant

It's taken a long time for this week to turn around but finally it has. It's been a productive day, I've been organising things for my holiday. Now I'm sitting with a packed suitcase wondering what to take out and what I've forgotten to put in.

Yesterday afternoon I was filming a project for the Hampstead theatre. We were on the bridge in Camden, and the people from the theatre were showing an image of a woman in the Muslim veil and asking random people what they thought about it. There were these two guys from Yorkshire and one of them looked at the image and just said, "sex". When he was asked about the veil he said he hadn't really noticed what she was wearing, he was just looking at her face. I kind of liked him, he wasn't contrived. He wasn't exactly bright but he had this nice kind of naivety about him. And then the older guy he was with said a couple of dodgy things about race, he didn't agree with him but he couldn't really articulate it. When I get to edit the footage I'll get an image of him up.

I enjoyed yesterday afternoon, it was the start of looking on the bright side again. I better get this case sorted out, I've foreign lands to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment