Wednesday 5 August 2009

The Weatherman's prediction.

I took the day off work. The Weatherman predicted rain but it was sunny all day. I bet the Weatherman was the first on the golf course this morning. (If you know what I'm saying, Larry David fans). T shirts with jokes on are proving very popular this summer's day. The guy opposite me on the tube wears a t-shirt that says: 'If found please return to the nearest pub'. He also has the look of someone who's just told a joke and is expecting a reaction. I wonder if he has that look about him all day or whether it was just that he caught me reading his t-shirt. A guy wears a: 'I'm with stupid' t-shirt and a big arrow pointing to his left. He is alone.

The community police officer in Regent's Park is proving very community spirited. He calls over to me asking if I'm having a good day. I go over to speak to him partly because I think he suspects me of something. Disappointed that he doesn't, I feel like saying something like: 'Yes, but your presence is making it very hard for me to sell my poor quality drugs to unsuspecting tourists'. I don't though, we just talk about parks and then he mentions something about my eyes being blue and I make my excuses and leave.

On Marylebone High Street I notice the ambulance service has gone so green they are operating by bike (see picture above) instead of ambulance. I wait around for a while to see what they'd do if they have to stretcher anyone off somewhere, but there's nothing doing so I make my way towards Primrose Hill.

The Weatherman has predicted rain again tomorrow. Could be a good day for golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment