Sunday 3 January 2010

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams


And now for those of you watching in black and white, this one is in technicolor. It's 2010 and on New Years day I spend time watching TV, making full use of its size, colour and sound by watching old black and white footage from the sixties. I'm really broke and intend to spend as much time as possible away from spending any money. I'm planning on going for long walks around the capital and staying in. That's my New Year's resolutions. Also, staying away from booze and chocolate for January. Chocolate because a few months ago I lost weight and my jeans were hanging off me, but now I'm finding it hard to do those buttons up. Again.

It's Sunday night and it's getting to that time where the reality of work has come knocking. The last day of term. I've started to think about preparing my costume for work. I need to prepare my food for tomorrow. You have two weeks of holiday stretching out before you, all the possibilities and all the people you plan to see, and then before you know it it's over. Everything is always over too soon. It's 2010 already. I console myself with the fact the whole country is in the same boat, nobody's looking forward to tomorrow.

I need to get away from reality and into the fantasy world of a good movie. That's the way to spend a Sunday night. And then to make the fantasy a reality. We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams, as Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka says.

No comments:

Post a Comment