Tuesday 6 July 2010

I want to ride my bicycle


So my bike has spent the last two years collecting dust in the underground car park at work. It's no place for a bicycle in summer. Wednesday night I rode it home; it took 25 minutes, the tube takes around 40. The tube is stressful whereas cycling is exhilarating. So even though I saw Ian Brown walking towards the tube last night, it's time to pedal.

I cycle right past the tube station, follow the way round towards Holloway road and take the road opposite. It's funny, London streets have a little bit of a cycle route then they trail off for a while. Get it sorted Boris. I'm across Caledonian road and I've found myself in a cycle gang. I'm surrounded by a clump of cyclists and we cycle as one. One by one though they take left turns whereas I want to go straight ahead towards Camden. I'm trying to do the route in reverse that Jon showed me on Wednesday.

Near the bridge I want to go straight on but it's one way. I take a left and then find the way down to the canal. I've always wanted to cycle down by the canal. It's not too narrow but boy are those bridges low and I have to duck each bridge I pass under. I should have followed the canal to Regent's Park but I get off at Chalk Farm road instead. Tomorrow I shall adjust my route.

You want an update on Mr Wright's behaviour last Thursday? It was great to see him, and really there's nothing to report, Mrs Wright.

No comments:

Post a Comment