Tuesday 7 July 2009

Jackie O Shades

So, Tuesday, and the rain has been tumbling down. But don't worry, summer will be back, the rain is merely a blip in Summer's long reign. Are you liking my optimism? Well, if they can have good weather at Glastonbury then anything can happen.

I'm liking the summer so far, enjoying walking around in it, watching it all around me. The girls in their Jackie O shades, painted toe nails in flip flops on the tube. Bicycles resting against trees on Primrose Hill. The hot weather brings out certain eccentricities. Last week a man came past on these kind of skis on wheels and he propelled himself using those sticks skiers use, along Belsize Avenue.

I took my bicycle out of the garage at work the other evening, dusted it off and rode around Regent's Park. It was warm and still light at 9.30. I was overtaken by men on racers, wearing the goggles and all the gear but I didn't mind. I was cruising along enjoying a summer evening in London.

Outside the rain has stopped, getting ready for plenty more summer evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment